Managing a WordPress multisite install can be a thing, especially when one has more than a blog within the network, and they have different forms for account interactions like logins, password reset, user signups and activation. Today I am introducing a plugin that I always wanted to create for myself and for the community, a WordPress Multisite Authentication plugin that enables you to restrict all logins, signups, password resets, activation account auth components to 1 main site.
Multisite Auth – The WordPress Plugin
Multisite Auth is a plugin you can use to handle all the authentication and account componenets under the same site/blog. You can create a custom blog for the authentication, say for instance
accounts.mynetwork.com, and all the other sites and blogs (including the parent main one) will be redirected to this auth site to process the following:
- Account login
- Account logout
- Password reset and reset email
- User registrations with blogs
- Account activations
- Google reCaptcha for handling spam.
- MailChimp to opt-in users to your mailing list(s) easily from signup forms.
- Zero Spam to eliminate spam signups with no captchas or annoying tests.
- Google Authenticator implementing Google Authenticator for your WordPress blog.
For plugin support, try the plugin support forums at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/multisite-auth.
Cheap Cloud SSD Hosting
Get a VPS now starting at $5/m, fast and perfect for WordPress and PHP applications