ajax loader

Send message to all users

Home Forums bbPress Messages SupportSend message to all users

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  samuel 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello samuel

I use the bbpress messages plugin and like it a lot! But one thing I’m really missing is to send a message to all users. Or maybe based on their role, so that a moderator could send a message to all participants or subscribers. Is that possible?

Thank you very much for your help. 🙂

Greetings Pascal

Dear Pascal,

First off, I am very sorry for the delay getting back to you; I accidentally deleted all my network sites and couldn’t do anything with a corrupt backup lol so I spent the past days getting all of them online. Very sorry.

Yes that’s quite possible, good point, I’ll work a helper plugin for this and provide you with a download link from Github.

I’ll basically make a GUI for composing new messages, where the user you allow to have access to it (admin/moderator) will be able to write new message and select the recipients this way:

– User search and select (AJAX)
    – All users by role (with counts)
    – All site users (with count)

Please let me know if you get this and if there’s anything else I can do meanwhile.

TYVM!

Best,

Samuel // Contact MeWork With Me

Dear Pascal,

I have finished the addon work, please the plugin here https://github.com/elhardoum/bbpm-compose

Once you installed it, add the following code to your child theme’s functions file (or with a custom plugin) so as to restrict its use to moderators and admins only:

add_filter('bbpmc_disabled', function(){
        // roles to allow
        $allowRoles = array( 'bbp_moderator', 'bbp_keymaster' );
        if ( !$allowRoles ) return true; 
        global $current_user;
        if ( !$current_user->ID || empty( $current_user->roles ) ) {
            return true;
        }
        foreach ( $allowRoles as $role ) {
            if ( in_array($role, (array) $current_user->roles) ) {
                return false;
            } continue;
        }
        return true;
    });

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Best,

Hey Samuel,

No Problem for the delay! It’s christmas time and I think everyone is currently in christmas stress 🙂

Thank you soo much for your help. That’s exactly the feature I was looking for.

Wish you a merry christmas, greetings

Pascal

Dear Pascal,

TYVM! that’s right! wishing you Merry Christmas as well and God bless!

Happy to be able to help. Feel free to ping me if anything goes wrong or you needed help.

Thanks again!

Best,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.